It's a start ...
Geplaatst dinsdag 23 juni 2015
1. Starting with a laid back villa with private pool in Seminyak. Easy and ideal to get some rest after the long flight. Don’t get me wrong, Seminyak is a pretty busy place, so the villa placed just outside of the center was a perfect starting point, separated from al the hustle ;) And still in walking distance to shops, restaurants and fancy beach clubs.
2. By boat to Nusa Ceningan, the little brother of Nusa Lembongan and not that touristic at all!! We slept in Le pirate here. Take Scoot or Rocky boat to get here. They're fast and pretty professional (for Balinese standards ;)) which means you'll get to you're destination safely, but sometimes it will be a bit overcrowded and hectic. Anyhow definitely the best way to go. (30min.)
3. By bridge to Nusa Lembongan, where we had a super cool snorkel experience and literally fell in love with the Boutique hotel Tigerlillys. PS: The infamous yellow bridge can only be crossed by scooter or by foot, the pickup from the hotel will arrange transport if you ask.
4. By boat to Gili Trawangan. If you get seasick easily, please take a pil like “R.Calm” one hour in advance. The sea can get a bit tricky, even when the weather is perfectly fine. But I promise you this pill will help you get across the biggest waves without throwing up ;) If you think Nusa Lembongan is paradise, well you’re right ;) But the Gili Islands make sure you keep that blissful feeling of living on a tropical island. Underwater turtles just a few meters from the beach!! We slept in a small villa with a pool again, but actually almost anything will do on Gili Trawangan, since you live on the beach and there’re just to many nice and beautiful places to discover. Staying by the pool for three days would be a total waste of time, if you ask me.
5. By Boat and taxi to Ubud. Scoot usually has their own drivers that bring you to your hotel, so if you like it easy just go with them. I would recommend the Sandat Glamping tents in Ubud to everyone. I really enjoyed every second of our stay there. Keep your eye on the blog for a separate post about this place!!
6. Seminyak by hotel transfer. We went back to this more urban, but very pleasant place to stay and slept in the Upaasha hotel this time. For the hipsters who like original shops, trendy restaurants and super cool coffeeshops, Seminyak is definitely the place to be.
7. 1 hour, bit more by taxi to Uluwatu. (Traffic can be a real party pooper in Bali, especially around kuta, Denpansar and seminyak) Uluwatu surely isn’t the only place you find a lot of surfers, but it has that divine laid back surfer atmosphere to it, that made me fall in love with it right away. We slept in a delightful place with the nickname “secret spot” I’ll tell you all about it asap!!
8. 30min. drive to Jimbaran where we ended our trip, knowing this is the more or less “fancy” part of Bali. We slept in the Rimba Jimbaran, not completely convinced I want to send everybody there. Anyhow, more info in a bit. Quick reminder that we went to Bali around the end of May until mid. July. ... Just so you know that the comments we give on how busy it was or how touristic it looked are related to that period.
Pic 1: Plan
Pic 2: Le Pirate, Nusa Ceningan
Pic 3 Tigerlillys Nusa Lembongan
Pic 4: Sunset Palms Villa, Gili Trawangan
Pic 5: Underwater friend, Gili Trawangan
Pic 6: Sunset swing, Gili Trawangan
Pic 7: Sandat Glamping tent, Ubud
Pic 8: Sankara Resort, Ubud
Pic 9: Secret Spot, Uluwatu
Pic 10: Rimba Jimbaran
Tagstutorial, travel, outfit, hotspot, hisoutfit, hair, body, bikini, Val Thorens, Thailand, Rotterdam, Rome, Portugal, Paris, Ostend, Oostenrijk, London, Kerst, Intimates, Ibiza, Greece, Dubai, Barcelona, Bali, Aruba, Antwerp,
Niet de rasechte backpacker, noch de onvervalste luxaholic, geen fashiongoeroe noch de grote design connaisseur... Wel graag stijlvol onderweg en naast een passie voor reizen en kleding ook de behoefte om die passie te delen. Lees meer
Ben je al van van ons op Facebook?
Over mijNiet de rasechte backpacker, noch de onvervalste luxaholic, geen fashiongoeroe noch de grote design connaisseur... Wel graag stijlvol onderweg en naast een passie voor reizen en kleding ook de behoefte om die passie te delen. Lees meer
Ben je al van van ons op Facebook?